Being able to give a presentation with confidence and clarity is a key skill but many people find it daunting and for some, it’s absolutely terrifying.
We believe everyone is capable of presenting well and we will work with you to build your confidence and unlock your potential. We’ll teach you the skills you need to present with poise and self-assurance whether you need pitch to investors, present to the board or just address your team.
Our presentation courses can be run on a one-to-one basis or can be organised as group workshops.
These are some of the topics we cover in our presentation training course:
- Preparation – how to organise your thoughts in a clear and coherent way.
- Powerpoint – whether to use it at all and if you are going to use it, how to ensure your visuals are an aide rather than a distraction.
- Engaging the audience – ensuring that you entertain as well as inform. The value of a funny quote, a good anecdote, straw polls, fascinating facts, props and audience interaction.
- Speaking naturally – the importance of being yourself on stage and striking the right tone.
- Dealing with nerves – how to stay relaxed but focused; breathing exercises and other ploys to overcome nerves.
- Rehearsal – making sure you know the auditorium in advance and have checked that the technology works. Knowing exactly how long your presentation takes and getting feedback from colleagues before the main event.
- Standing – when it’s appropriate to stand, whether to walk about or stay still.
- Dealing with questions – when to invite questions, how to handle the awkward or unexpected ones.
‘A really big thanks to you for helping me over the hurdle of my nerves – my job depends on being able to do this kind of presentation …. I’m indebted to you’
‘Just wanted to let you know that I presented at the Area Manager conference today – the audience was over 100 people and the whole Board were there too – so it was the biggest room I’ve ever presented to. I managed to contain my nerves. In my head I had a few voice wobbles, but I was confident (after your video evidence) that only I noticed them. It went really well and I received some really good feedback.’ Financial Sector Executive